Thursday, March 18, 2010

Parenting Awareness Month



This image is disturbing isn't it? March is parenting awareness month. Here are some tips to remind us parents to be the best we can be to our children. Remember, they are watching every move that we make. Also we need to remember, that no matter how busy we are, we need to treat our children with respect and continue to watch out for their safety.
As you know, I've always been an advocate for children's safety here on my blog. I've written a few posts of children's safety in the past. Also, as you know, I have my Amber Alert! ticker on my side bar. And it is updated continuously. Maybe you would like one on your blog or web page. All you have to do to get started is just click onto mine and it will take you to the site so that you can get the java code to put a ticker onto your blog.
Also, you will see on my side bar that April is child awareness month. You can click onto that little pinwheel and it will take you directly to the site. It gives you loads of information about keeping kids safe from predators and a whole bunch of other stuff. So please, check that out to.
I seen a little list of good parenting skills in my child's monthly school bulletin and I thought I'd share that with you all.
Good Parenting includes....

1. Showing kids love, concern and respect at all times.

2. Giving kids a safe place to live and play.

3. Helping your kids express all their feelings appropriately and listening to what they are saying.

4. Giving your kids appropriate choices whenever possible.

5. Having responsible rules that are understood by all.

6. Being responsible and teaching your kids to be responsible.

7. Spending time together with your kids.

8. Setting an example by what you say and do.

9. Working with your schools and community to make them better for kids.

10. Asking for help when you need it.

Here's a checklist for healthy parenting:
~ Be consistent
~ Treat children with respect
~ Do away with double standards
~ Emphasize the positive
~ Be supportive
~ Set children up for success
~ Establish clear boundaries

* I hope this list was a reminder to you, as it was to me, to be great parents to our children. Hug and kiss your children today! And tell them how much you love them!
I'm signing off..........from Peek-A-Boo Street!

2 comments:

  1. This was a great post! Thanks for sharing the list. Everyone could use a little help/reminder from time to time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always treated my children with respect and I'm proud of how they grew up :) Nice post Anne and great reminders for people with kids!

    ReplyDelete

I cherish each and every comment. Thanks for visiting Peek-A-Boo Street.
Peace & Love, Anne