First and foremost...It's...the Lord's day! So I hope you all are having a very blessed day.
Today I will be talking about my religion. About the Adoration Chapel. I know that this subject may deter bloggers away from my blog but, my religion is so much apart of me, and if I'm going to keep it real than I need to be honest with you about who I am. And no I'm not some religious nut. I have been a Catholic for nine years now. I'm not a cradle Catholic which means a person has grown up Catholic. So I am still learning about my religion. And no I don't have all the answers. I fumble all the time! And God let's me know almost daily that I am not perfect in any means.
But anyway I want to focus on the Adoration Chapel. My parish is so fortunate to have an Perpetual Adoration Chapel right on our parish campus. Not all parishes have an Adoration Chapel. We have a Perpetual Adoration Chapel which means it stays open around the clock. The only time it is not open is during Triduum. The three days before Easter. Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday and I believe Easter Sunday it's closed also. Our parish is over 30 years old and our chapel has just celebrated it's 12th year from when it opened.
I love to sit in front the the Blessed Sacrament inside the chapel. You come in with all your problems, worries, or whatever is weighing on your mind. As soon as you sit down and your eyes gaze upon the Blessed Sacrament, you just feel such peace. This bible verse: Mathew 11:28-30..."Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." I just love that verse. That verse also comes to mind when I am sitting in front of the Blessed Sacrament. Not only do I feel peace but I'm also in awe of the mystery of the Blessed Sacrament. That Jesus is really present in the Host. My heart just believes that it's true. That's faith. A gift from God. Fr.Martin Lucia said in this Pamphlet that I have, "Jesus will spend all eternity thanking you and loving you in heaven for your faithful commitment on earth of spending one hour each week with Him in the Blessed Sacrament." I find that comforting. I just love this brochure and I reread it from time to time. And I would like to share it with you. It's a little lengthy, so today I will list the twelve BIBLICAL reasons to visit the Blessed Sacrament for an hour a week. Tomorrow I will list the twelve reasons the CHURCH
suggests to sit before the Sacrament once a week for an hour.
I will type exactly how the pamphlet is typed out. Again this was written by Fr. Martin Lucia. Here are the twelve BIBLICAL reasons to sit in front of the Blessed Sacrament for and hour every week:
1. HE IS REALLY THERE! "I Myself Am the Living Bread come down from heaven." (Jn 6:35)
2. Day and night Jesus dwells in the Blessed Sacrament BECAUSE OF HIS INFINITE LOVE FOR YOU! "Behold I will be with you always even to the end of the world," because "I have loved you with an everlasting love, and constant is my affection for you." (Mt 28:20; Jer 31:3)
3. the specific way that Jesus asks you to love Him in return is to spend ONE QUIET HOUR WITH HIM EACH WEEK in the Blessed Sacrament. "Where your treasure is, there is your heart..." "Could you not watch one hour with me? (Mt 6:21;26:40)
4. When you look upon the Sacred Host, YOU LOOK UPON JESUS,the Son of God. "Indeed, this is the will My Father, that everyone who looks upon the Son and believes in Him shall have eternal life. Him I will raise up on the last day." (Jn 6:40)
5. Each moment that you spend in His Eucharistic Presence will INCREASE HIS DIVINE LIFE WITHIN YOU and deepen your personal relationship and friendship with Him. "I have come that you may have life, and have it more abundantly." "I am the Vine and you are the branches. Whoever remains in union with Me shall bear much fruit for without Me, you can do nothing." (Jn 10:10;15:5)
6. Each hour you spend with Jesus will DEEPEN HIS DIVINE PEACE within your heart. "Come to Me all of you who are weary and find life burdensome and I will refresh you..." "Cast all of your anxieties upon the Lord, who cares for you." (Mt 11:28; 1Pt 5:7; Jn 14:17)
7. Jesus will give you ALL THE GRACES YOU NEED to be happy in life. "The Lamb on the Throne will shepherd them. He will lead them to springs of life-giving water." (Rev 7:17)
8. Jesus is infinitely DESERVING OF OUR UNCEASING THANKSGIVING and adoration for all He has done for our salvation. "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive honor , glory and praise." (Rev 5:12)
9. For PEACE in our country! "When My people humble themselves and seek My Presence, I will revive their land." (2Ch 7:14)
10. Each hour you spend with Jesus on earth will leave your soul EVERLASTINGLY MORE BEAUTIFUL AND GLORIOUS in heaven. "They who humble themselves shall be exalted..." "All of us, gazing on the Lord's glory with unveiled faces, are being transformed from glory to glory into His very image." (Lk 18:14; 2 Cor 3"18)
11. JESUS WILL BLESS YOU, your family and the whole world for this hour of faith you spend with Him in the Blessed Sacrament. "Blessed are they who do not see and yet believe..." "Faith can move mountains..." "What is needed is trust..." "Behold I come to make all things new." (Jn 20:29; Mk 11:23; Mk 5:36; Rev. 21:5)
12. Each moment you spend with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament BRINGS JOY, PLEASURE AND DELIGHT TO HIS SACRED HEART! "My joy, My pleasure, My delight is to be with you." (Prov 8:31)