Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Happy Birthday to you..
Happy Birthday to you..
Happy Birthday Mother Mary,
Happy Birthday to you!

I just couldn't help myself. Yes today the Catholic church celebrates the the birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
There is this song that I heard being sung by Fr. Pablo Straub on EWTN. He said he heard this song being sung by the children on the playground at school when he was a child. I just love this short little song and I sing it to my son and grandson every now and then so that they know who their heavenly Mother is. Here it goes.

Hail Mary full of grace,
Lady in blue,
I love you,
Hail Mary
Mother of God,
Mary is my Mother to.

I just love that sweet little song.
The statue that I have here is the statue my husband bought me for my birthday in 2005. The statue is in our backyard. I just love this statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary. I always wanted one but different than the traditional ones that I seen with the blue and white paint. Only because I know that the paint would chip and weather. So I chose the one you see in this picture here. I have posted a picture of this statue previously so you might remember seeing it. I know it might sound morbid but I told my husband that when I die I want this statue to be next to my grave site.

In a little bit I'll be posting again for the conclusion of yesterday's post. Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9/11/2008

    Anne, Your pictures are lovely! I love that song. I have never heard it before. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I cherish each and every comment. Thanks for visiting Peek-A-Boo Street.
Peace & Love, Anne