Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Market Day

I've been having so much fun embroidering these vintage towels. Here's my Market Day.
















I've been sticking with basic colors and stitches to make them look more vintage like. Something maybe my grandmother might have made.
With this second one I stitched up more quickly and with more confidence. I didn't have to go back and fix as many stitches as I did in my first one. The back of this project even looks more cleaner. With this one I did not make any knots on the back. When I washed it I just crossed my fingers and none of the stitches came undone. This is really is a beginners project. Anyone could do this. Even a young girl.
Now with my third one I'm working on, my transfer smudged a bit. Even though I pinned it down I undid the pin instead of peeking under it. So when I layed the transfer down to re-iron it, it smudged. So keep them pinned until your sure you got a dark transfer. Your suppose to be able to use those transfers up to five times. I could have washed the towel again and ironed on the transfer again but I was being to lazy. The smudge wasn't going to be to much of a problem because it was in a small area. And yes, the transfers do wash away when washed, so all you see is your pretty embroidery.
These have been a lot of fun though. I just turn on the radio and stitch away. I have to tell you that I didn't really like Adele, but now that I have heard her more recently on the radio, you know, I'm really starting to like her.
I'm signing off........from Peek-A-Boo Street!

4 comments:

  1. Another lovely teatowel. Great work! I have one of those washable pens to draw a pattern with and embroider over, but haven't tried it yet. My drawing skills aren't what they used to be, so I have to feel really confident before I start doing anything. Right now crochet and cross-stitch are keeping me happy and busy. Best wishes to you, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love market day! You are doing such a great job and really inspiring me to start some embroidery! I love the old fashioned designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this pattern. Every year I plan to embroider my 2 daughters a set of pillow cases or towels and then Christmas gets close and I realize I haven't started my project yet. I loved to embroider when I was growing up and you have motivated me to get started....Thank You....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8/06/2012

    Hi Mom,
    It's Jess. I love your vintage towels! They're so cute! <3 I didn't know you liked Adele. I am obsessed, but her music is a bit of a downer. You have to be in a certain mood to listen to most of her songs. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I cherish each and every comment. Thanks for visiting Peek-A-Boo Street.
Peace & Love, Anne