Monday, July 30, 2012

I ♥ My IPad
















Last New Years I was lucky enough to purchase the IPad 2. I just love that darn thing. You literally have everything at your finger tips! It's amazing the technology we now have today.
On it, you have your calender. A place to take notes.You can search the Internet. All of your contact information. CNN news and your local news plus news alert tones for breaking news. That's really awesome. I can read your blogs and comment on them using my IPad. I can read my e-mails and reply back. You can go on your FB page. You can play your favorite card games or word games like Scrabble or Boggle. You can find TV game show apps too. Like Family Feud or Wheel of Fortune. You can buy books and you can find some for free. I love classic literature and you can pretty much find all of them for free! You can get caught up with your Downton Abby using your PBS app. That's another thing, I am app crazy. It's pretty bad when I couldn't download a movie to rent because I had no memory left. So I had to delete a lot of my apps this morning. =( Which is a bummer because I just love apps. I LOVE that Stumble app. My daughter has a Kindle Fire and she said that she could download apps too. You can get a lot of apps for free but some you do have to pay for a small fee through you Itunes account. It's so much fun. Time really does fly by when your on it. You can be on it for three hours when it seems like you've just gotten on it.
I even bought a cover for it. You can use it vertically and horizontally. You can flip the cover back to use it as a prop when watching movies or videos on it.
















I even bought this pen like thing that's made for these tablets. It has a rounded rubber tip on it so it won't scratch the screen. Or you can just use your finger tips.















Here are some of my favorite apps...















You can take your IPad to places that have free WiFi. I don't know to much about that though. Some hospitals you have to ask for their number code I guess and then you have to some how add it to your device so that you can use your IPad there. I'm still learning too. I'm sure there is so much more you can do on it. But I just love it. It was really nice to have over the winter last year when your not out as much. So do you have a tablet? What are some of your favorite apps? What do you use it mostly for?
I'm signing off......from Peek-A-Boo Street!

8 comments:

  1. I'm addicted to my iPad. It's amazing because it can do almost anything. As we say in Greece, the only thing it cannot do is make coffee!

    Enjoy the week Anne! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne,

    stop, stop, stop!!!!!!!!!

    No more!

    I am getting a new phone tomorrow
    and now you are raving about the ipad
    -not fair!

    I want one......

    Oh dear it all sounds wonderful.

    Maybe next year when as I have a BIG
    birthday coming up
    think I will start dropping hints now
    you never know
    by the time April comes
    they may have got the hint!!!


    x Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure your IPhone can do everything an IPad can do. My husband has one and said that if he got his IPhone first, he wouldn't have gotten an IPad. Enjoy your new phone.

      Delete
  3. My youngest son got an iPad for his birthday but older son wound up using it to take notes at school. Our school is planning to roll out an iPad initiative this next school year -- all students will be issued an iPad 2 for school purposes only, but I'm none too happy about it as there is a substantial annual fee per student and tuition is already through the roof. I have my little HP mini laptop that I am quite happy with -- for blogging and email purposes only, so that's more than enough for me. Heck, I'm still walking around with my old Nokia mobile while my hubby and kids have iPhones and Blackberry's. I'm not a tech savvy kinda gal. :) Have a great day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to know that you love your iPad. I really want one too! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7/30/2012

    My husband has an iPad and I've fiddled with it some but I guess I don't know how to use it very well. I need to learn more about it! :)Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Anne,
    OMG!!! I DO wish to have a tablet PC☆☆☆
    But, as it requires to pay another monthly pay, I just have to give up p;) Yes, very tempting post and hubby sounds scary thinking I might change my mind(^^;)
    Sending you lots of love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have one, and I think it must be wonderful. We're generally almost a decade behind most technology. I consider myself blessed to at least have a laptop.

    Would LOVE that.

    ReplyDelete

I cherish each and every comment. Thanks for visiting Peek-A-Boo Street.
Peace & Love, Anne