Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tea & Friendship Tuesday ~



Carol/Mom hosts Tea and Friendship Tuesday's at http://charliandme.blogspot.com/. And again, I thought I'd participate. Anyone is welcome to participate. You can go to Carol's blog and she will give you all of the details to participate. It's quite easy and fun. And again, she welcomes everyone and anyone.
I promised you all last week that I would show you my new tea cup that I found at the antique shop a few weeks ago. I went there looking for one and I wasn't going to leave without one, lol. I posted the pic below. Click to enlarge.



Isn't it pretty? It's a Royal Doulton, Lisa pattern. It's copyrighted in 1989, so it's only 20 years old. I looked the pattern up on the Internet and this cup and saucer is sold for $24.00. I paid $12.00. Yes I know, it's used, but there is not a thing wrong with it in my opinion. And I just love using old tea cups from ladies that have previously enjoyed these tea cups.

This one has silver trim which is something new to my collection. It also has baby blue trimming on it with little pink flowers. It's such a pretty cup. I also like the softness of the finish on it. I like how it's a cream color and not a white color. The baby blue also reminds me of my new grandson that was just born four weeks ago.

So my son and I made a treat to go with my tea today. He loves helping me bake and put all of the ingredients together. I always hear about tea & scones...tea & scones. I have tried my Mom's blueberry & apple scones with frosting and they were good. Her Devonshire cream that she made was really good to.

I think you know where I'm going with this. I made scones today. Just plain scones with Mock Devonshire Cream. And they both turned out really good. Although I liked my Mom's Devonshire Cream better than mine. She used Mascapone cheese in hers and my recipe didn't call for that, so maybe that's why. Hmm. I'll have to get that recipe from her, lol. So anyway, here's a pic of the scones and Devonshire cream.





But as you can see....there is no recipe that follows. I hate writing out recipes. It takes to much time. But this is your basic scone recipe that you can find in your Betty Crocker recipe book.
We also added a little bit of red raspberry preserves on top of the warm scone with a dallop of the Mock Devonshire Cream, and boy, was this ever yummy! I will definitely make these scones again. I'll being looking for another Devonshire cream recipe though. But the one I made was still pretty good. I'll write down the recipe for it because it's so short and easy. Now that's my kind of recipe! Here it is;
Mock Devonshire Cream
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup of sour cream
In a chilled bowl, beat cream until medium stiff peaks form, adding sugar during the last few minutes of beating. - Fold in sour cream and blend. Yields 1 1/2 cups
I got this little recipe in my Tea-Time at the Inn, book. A country inn cookbook. By Gail Greco. My Mom-In-Law got me this wonderful book for my birthday.
Well thanks for stopping in. I'm going to go ahead and just fill my new little tea cup up with some tea and enjoy another scone to go along with it. Happy Tea & Friendship Tuesday! I can't wait to read all of your posts!

4 comments:

  1. What a mouth watering post. First you new tea cup is quite pretty. The scones looked so yummy. I just had to try one :). Enjoy your tea and scones and have a great Tea and Friendship Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6/23/2009

    Baking with Ryan... What fun!.... Anne your scones look so delicious. Yum, yum, yum ♥ I love your teacup and saucer. It's beautiful. How sweet that it reminds you of our precious little Aaron. I love that ♥ Thank you so much for partisipating in 'Tea and friendship Tuesday! I hope you have a wonderful day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tea and scones. Mmmm. I'm hungry. The cup is so pretty. What a fun thing to collect. Teacups!

    Do you display them in your house or are they tucked away for safe keeping?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tea cup is VERY pretty! I really like it! How cute that the blue reminds you of Aaron :) Those scones look really good too!

    ReplyDelete

I cherish each and every comment. Thanks for visiting Peek-A-Boo Street.
Peace & Love, Anne