Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Falling In Love~

I hope you all had a nice weekend. I meant to post yesterday but I got caught up doing housework. Monday's are my busiest days of doing housework. Everyone goes back to school and work and I'm busy getting my house back in order from the weekend. I do most of my housework during the week, so the weekends I can rest.

But anyway, we have been adding a few bushes and shrubs here and there over the last couple of years around our home. You know, a little landscaping and something pretty to look at. Well feast your eyes on this beauty! I found this rose bush. It's name is of course...."Falling In Love." Isn't that sweet? And isn't it just beautiful. My hubby planted it in our backyard. I just fell, in love, with the color! Pink isn't even my favorite color but WOW...just look at this rose! To me it's just breathe taking and the blooms are huge! Last night we got some rain (yay for our new plants!), so I took this picture of the rose with the raindrops on it. Just a reminder, you can click on the photo to enlarge.

It's so pretty. I also took a picture of another bloom, past full a couple days. But still beautiful.


And well this last picture is the rose my hubby and son cut off the rose bush in the front yard for me. My son came in on Saturday when my hubby and son were busy working in the yard and handed me this rose. When I was standing by my glass sliding door, I heard my husband ask my son, "What did she say?"


I found this poem on the Internet. I hope you like it.
What a Rose Can Say.....
A rose can say I love you
And want you to be mine,
A rose can say I thank you
For being so very kind,
A rose can say congratulations,
Whatever the occasion may be,
A rose can say I miss you
And wish you were here with me,
A rose cans say I'm sorry
If I hurt you in any way,
a rose can say get well soon,
May God bless you today?
A rose can say I wish you happiness,
And the best for you each day.
A rose can say farewell
When someone goes away,
A rose can say hello,
I'm thinking of you today,
there are just so many things
That a rose can say
A rose can say goodbye
When a loved one is laid to rest,
No matter what there is to say,
A rose can say it best. ♥
~ Written By Anthony Smith
I'm wishing all of my friends a grand day. Take care!
I'm signing off......from Peek-A-Boo Street!

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely rose and lovely poem. Thank you for your visit to my blog and your very nice comment. Yes I am having a great beginning to this week. Hope your week will be a good one also. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6/09/2009

    I love when my son brings me flowers. It never fails to make me stop and cherish the moment.

    Lovely roses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very pretty! pink is my favorite color so of course I love it. LOL I liked the little poem as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6/09/2009

    What a beautiful, beautiful post! I love the poem ♥ How true... Your rose bush is absolutely lovely ♥ I love that your son picked a rose for you and that Mike was standing in the back ground asking "What did she say?" That's true love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful!

    The poem works so well with the pics too.

    I just love your green grass in the backround, it looks quite summery - ours is looking quite brown at the moment with very dull grey skies overhead.

    ReplyDelete

I cherish each and every comment. Thanks for visiting Peek-A-Boo Street.
Peace & Love, Anne