So for dinner here the other night we had a little picnic indoors as it snowed this evening over here on Peek-A-Boo Street.
So I made egg salad sandwiches, my mom's tuna casserole, ant's on on log and some carrots sticks, with a glass of lemonade. Ant's On A Log is just celery sticks with cream cheese, dotted with raisins. My son likes to add the little ant's. =)
My mom use to make tuna salad casserole during my childhood. I make it to this day and now my family loves it. It's an economical salad and remains one of my favorite cold salads to this day. It's one of those go-to recipes that you find yourself using often over the years. I'll leave you the recipe following the photos.
* I eyeball some of the ingredients.
- lb. cooked elbow macaroni
- celery (however much you like)
- chopped onion (however much you like)
- 1 can or a box of frozen peas
- light miracle whip (however much you like)
- 2 cans of chunk tuna fish in water, drained
Just mix it gently all together and chill for several hours. I absolutely love this stuff. It'll keep in the fridge for a couple of days wrapped with saran wrap. And it's pretty healthy salad.
And those summer foods, just hit the spot.