Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Family Get-Together

Yesterday evening my family and other family members was invited over to my Brother-In-Laws house. What a wonderful time we had. It was nice to see everybody again and just to connect with everyone again. They treated all of us to a Mexican Fiesta! We had tacos with every imaginable topping you could possibly add. The dinner also included some Spanish rice with a choice of hard or soft shell tacos. For appetizers they had corn chips and blue corn chips with their delicious cheese dip. They had some salsa out to. My Brother-in-law and his girlfriend went all out and I just want to say to both of them...thank you! We all had great conversation and we just enjoyed being together. They had a little fire going in their fireplace which made everything look so cozy. We of course had the Michigan v. Michigan State football game on to. We also came together because my father-in-law is going to have open heart surgery this up coming week and all of us felt it so important to be together to be supportive to our mom and dad. My Dad has to have three heart valves replaced with tissue valves. So may I ask of you all to pray for my Dad. That the Lord will guide the hands of the surgeons, that the surgery go fine and that he have a fast and full recovery. Could you please say prayers for my dad and mom both that God will give them the strength to get through this difficult time that they have to face. It's so hard to see the people you love so much to have to go through something so difficult. My mother and father-in-law are the best in-laws a girl can have.
So with that I don't know how much posting I'll be doing this up coming week. Because it's the (let's hear it)...Lord's day I will end this post with this prayer that comes to mind. May God bless you all and your families and I hope you all have a howling good week.

( I like to read this prayer slow)

Listen. Put it into your heart, my smallest child, that the thing that frightened you, the thing that afflicted you is nothing:
Do not let it disturb you...
Am I not here, I who am your mother?
Are you not under my shadow and protection?
Am I not the source of your joy?
Are you not in the hollow of my mantle,
in the crossing of my arms?
Do you need something more?

-Our Lady of Guadalupe, 1531

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/26/2008

    There's nothing like good food shared with your loved ones... wish you'd taken some pic's to share with us.
    I'll be keeping your family in my prayers and may the Lord bless and keep you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/26/2008

    Thank you for that beautiful heart felt post! Dad and I love you so much. The prayer was just beautiful. So inspiring...Thank you for being my best friend!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Posh & Trendy for your kind words. I appreciate them. Your so sweet.



    Mom, your welcome. I meant every word to. You are my best friend to. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10/26/2008

    I know you had a great time with the family. I will say a prayer for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I popped in to say hello... and see what's new on Peek-A-Boo Street. It sounds like you enjoyed a perfect day with your family! I miss my family living three counties away!

    You have my prayers for your in-laws...and for you. I hope everything turns out well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10/28/2008

    Hi Anne,
    You have been Boo-Ed! Come over to my place to see what you get.

    ReplyDelete

I cherish each and every comment. Thanks for visiting Peek-A-Boo Street.
Peace & Love, Anne