Sunday, May 27, 2012

Quinoa

I posted a picture of Cod and Quinoa the other night for dinner. Looking back at it, I guess I should have served a vegetable but I have been trying to cut back on leftovers but veggies are so important and I shouldn't have skimped on them. Anyway with that Cod I served for my family the other night was Quinoa. It's pronounced KEEN-wah. It's becoming very popular and it's a powerhouse food because it is a grain. When I seen it, I was excited and bought the box not realizing that it came from a box and had a seasoning pack in it which I'm sure is loaded up with sodium. I usually buy Couscous with fish but like I said, I really wanted to try Quinoa. My husband and I absolutely loved this. Yes, I would like to try Quinoa one day in just a bag without the additives. Maybe you'll want to give it a try or maybe you've already tried it. This product actually was mixed with some rice in it too, but is was really good. I will probably be buying this again.












To view the cooked Quinoa, you can view the previous post.
I'm signing off........from Peek-A-Boo Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I cherish each and every comment. Thanks for visiting Peek-A-Boo Street.
Peace & Love, Anne