Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Purple and Pink

I stopped by my favorite antique shop the other day. I haven't browsed through there in awhile since I've been more into thrifty shopping. My eye (once again) pulled me to the color combination of this particular tea cup. As you can see, it has little purple and pink flowers. So pretty and feminine. And of course darling.....it's from ENGLAND! I added a string of pearls to decorate it up. I got the pearls also from the antique shop. You know you can never clean pearls with water. So to polish these old beauties up, I rubbed a little olive oil in the palms of my hands and then just rubbed the pearls lightly to bring back the luster on the pearls. And it made the pearls look brand new. Isn't this cup just so pretty and dainty?


I cannot sit and chat with you,
the way I'd like to do.
So brew yourself a cup of tea,
I'll think of you, you think of me.

Source unknown

Now where can I put my new tea cup? Oh I see a spot right there......(to be continued......)
I'm signing off.........from Peek-A-Boo Street!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/11/2010

    What a great tip and I just love your little teacup. Yes, you do have another beauty. I love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very pretty and dainty. Love the colors. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete

I cherish each and every comment. Thanks for visiting Peek-A-Boo Street.
Peace & Love, Anne