Friday, February 6, 2009

I ♥ Washing Dishes

We got a new dishwasher about 1 1/2 years ago. But I do not like it. It runs for two hour that darn thing. And the racks in there are so darn small. I have a family of four and I am having to run two loads of dishes a day! Even when I get my first load of dishes under way, the sink is once again piling up while waiting for the first load to get finished.
So a few weeks ago, I started to wash the remaining dishes that could not fit into the dishwasher to just get them cleaned, out of the way and just be done with it all ready. I can't stand dirty dishes just sitting there.
One morning I woke up and just decided that I'm just going to wash all of those darn dishes by hand, the good old fashioned way. And that is what I have been doing these past few weeks. And I just do them once a day. I'll turn my radio on in the kitchen, and start washing dishes to some classical music station that's broad casted right here in Detroit.
I clean, dry and put away ALL of my dishes in less then an hours time. I love it! My kitchen sink is completely Empty! I wipe up all the counter tops and the stove and anything else that needs to be wiped down and I'm on my way to do something else, with my kitchen completely cleaned!
And I know it sounds weird but I really am enjoying washing the dishes by hand. It really isn't a problem. I get to listen to some music along with it to. But I really like the time that it is saving me.
The other night though I had to cut up raw chicken for a recipe and I had to us jalapenos so I did have to use my dishwasher that night. I also will have to for family get together's to. But for every day washing, it's really not a problem. I'm getting back to the basics.
I was so excited I bought all of my gear at the grocery store the other day. I know it sounds silly but I just couldn't wait to try out my new spongy glass cleaner. I Took some pics for you.
*Don't forget to wear your rubber gloves!
*Woohoo! My new spongy glass cleaner, which works great!
Okay, now that the dishes our done, I can get ready to go out with my hubby tonight. We're going out to an Italian restaurant just him and I. This will be a nice treat because we haven't been out together for awhile.
P.S. Oh by the way, I started another blog. It's a crochet blog. No bloggy pressure but if any of you would like to go check it out your most welcome to. Washing dishes rock!
I'm signing off...from Peek-A-B00 Street!

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/06/2009

    I do understand where you're coming from but for me, I have a wonderful dishwasher that I can chuck really full and everything comes out spotless.. now, I'm getting back to the basic's by hanging my clothes to dry and that's a good feeling for me.. no more am I spending one day busting butt to get everything washed and dried because the dryer takes an hour per load. I now wash one load every other day and hang it to dry. so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are nuts! LOL j/k but I hate hand washing dishes. But in your case I can understand why you would want to. =) Have fun tonight having dinner with Dad, that will be so nice for the two of you. I Love you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wash my dishes by hand lol we don't have a dishwasher. Well, when people ask if we have a dishwasher and I say no Tim always says yes we do it's you :) It doesn't bother me at all either. I actually think I can get them much cleaner than a machine can ;) But you know me.. Have a great time at the restaurant! And I'll check out your new blog too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely understand what you mean, I love getting back to basics once in a while.

    My new dishwasher arrived today and I have just packed the first load in (can't wait for it to finish to see how it did).

    I had to, as I just don't have the time to stand and wash dishes, now with schooling on the go.

    Hope you have a great dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never had a dishwasher. When my girls were home they were my dishwashers. After they married and left home it was left to me. Now that my husband is reitred he washes them once in a while. Have a good time at dinner.
    Enjoy. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Anne for adding me to you best bloggy friends list. I will think of you when I bite into one of the cookies. Boy are they ever good. I am looking forward to your crochet blog. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Anne. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment! Hope you visit often.

    I have to confess, I hate doing dishes. Even though it's just the 2 of us, now. It is my worst chore!

    Have a great weekend, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2/07/2009

    It's true that washing dishes isn't that bad and sometimes I like the feeling of having it all done at once too. I like to get absorbed in my work with music. Sometimes it actually can be very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Washing dishes isn't really too bad but I love to hide the dirty dishes in the dishwasher. And I can really load the dishwasher full. I remember when our daughters were at home and I ran the dishwasher twice a day. Also, I remember way back when I didn't have a dishwasher and washed all of the dishes by hand. I didn't mind it then. Of course, you don't miss what you don't have.
    Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also have a dishwasher, but with only two of us it usually takes about a week to get a full load. I also wash all of my pots and pans by hand. I love looking out my kichen window and listening to music as I do them. I am glad that you are enjoing getting back to the basics
    Hugs and Prayrs

    ReplyDelete

I cherish each and every comment. Thanks for visiting Peek-A-Boo Street.
Peace & Love, Anne